POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : True Diffraction Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:29:01 EDT (-0400)
  True Diffraction (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Carl Bartels
Subject: True Diffraction
Date: 8 Feb 1999 21:58:22
Message: <36BFA445.249A5943@bravo436.chem.mcgill.ca>
Does anybody have any thoughts about making a patch to add true
diffraction
to povray.  For example, the idea of double slit interfearence pattern
or the
diffraction of a pinhole (good-grief, Bessel functions!)  Or would
mathematical
optics (vs. geometrical optics) not be raytracing anymore?

I've never done much with pov except apply patches and trace scenes so
if anyone
has some idea, please let me know.
--
Carl Bartels, Department of Chemsitry, Mcgill University, to reply to
me,

Post a reply to this message