POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Dispersion patch Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:22 EDT (-0400)
  Dispersion patch (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Carl Bartels
Subject: Re: Dispersion patch
Date: 9 Feb 1999 18:31:33
Message: <36C0C548.30FA6FC4@bravo436.chem.mcgill.ca>
Daren Scot Wilson wrote:

> Later, for an encore, maybe I'll do birefringent materials and polarization...

OK, there was also a line in there for suggestions so how
does this sound...

Make something in which you can define ior with a density
map.  Maybe with ior as another media type in addition to
the emitting, absorbing, and scattering ones.  That way you
could get something that might be able to model things like
the way water looks when you disolve a sugar cube into it.

That and the coherent light source someone else mentioned
would be cool.

Cheers.

--
Carl Bartels, Department of Chemsitry, Mcgill University, to
reply to me,

Post a reply to this message