POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : "vi is your friend" Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  "vi is your friend" (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Bob and Kelly Crispen
Subject: "vi is your friend"
Date: 3 Feb 1999 20:03:34
Message: <36B8F1A5.C390C5CE@hiwaay.net>
The way I usually work POVRay is to have a couple of gvim windows
open on my .pov and .inc files, and POVRay does a pretty decent
job of keeping in sync.

But still -- it'd be so cool if there were a way to specify
your own editor, like vim (my personal favorite) or emacs or
wordpad or whatever.

Besides which, there might be some synergy.  If y'all could figure
out how to do it (and fwiw I'm willing to pitch in as much as
I'm able) then we could present the results to Jacob Navia, and
maybe I could help him build it into lcc, too!

I believe there may even be a little interest in that sort of
thing in the vim group.  Anyhow, I'm fixin' to subscribe to
their developers' list, so I can find out.

I know this sounds a lot like "let's you and him work" but I
really do want to help out in what I think would be a terrific
project.

Anybody on the team interested by this?
--
Bob Crispen