POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV'n'Delphi Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  POV'n'Delphi (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Remco de Korte
Subject: POV'n'Delphi
Date: 29 Jan 1999 21:27:48
Message: <36B26D9C.8B06C1E8@xs4all.nl>
I've tried looking into the POV-source, to find info on the GUI-extensions, but
the main thing I learned is that I had a lot to learn (reading C-code for one).
I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on how to call POV from
a Delphi-application. I'd like to (test-)render some scenes from my program,
without other windows popping up all the time.
If anyone with knowledge of C could give me the basics, or perhaps if there is
someone out there who knows how to do this in Delphi, I'd be very grateful.

Regards,

Remco

Post a reply to this message

>I've tried looking into the POV-source, to find info on the GUI-extensions,
but
>the main thing I learned is that I had a lot to learn (reading C-code for
one).
>I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on how to call POV
from
>a Delphi-application. I'd like to (test-)render some scenes from my
program,
>without other windows popping up all the time.
>If anyone with knowledge of C could give me the basics, or perhaps if there
is
>someone out there who knows how to do this in Delphi, I'd be very grateful.
>
>Regards,

I'm currently testing my conversions of the pvguiext.h and guidemo.c files,
converted to Delphi 4 (3 or 2 should compile too, though). I can compile it
and some routines are being called (I tested this with simple message
boxes). Somehow the menu it prepares doesn't show up yet. Propably some
"minor" bugs (forgotten return codes, stdcall, or similar). Christopher
Fairbairn already asked for this too. We've been privately communicating
about his for a few days already

Now, if you're doing exactly the same, we'd better get together by email,
(if you like, of course). I'd hate to do duplicate work. I don't even know
the exact license agreement on converting and providing the Delphi sources
anyway. We'd propably better contact the POV-Team about this.

--
Rudy Velthuis

Post a reply to this message

I'd like to keep informed, private or here.
I didn't try my luck at the C-code.
At this moment I have a very 'brute force' solution, by keeping my program on
top, fullscreen if necessary, but that shouldn't be necessary.
If there's anyway I can help let me know too.

Regards,

Remco