POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Here's another one... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:49 EDT (-0400)
  Here's another one... (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Mike
Subject: Here's another one...
Date: 24 Jan 1999 08:16:18
Message: <36AB1C39.4567211C@aol.com>
AFAIK, no one has come up with a fix for the mosiac preview problem in
the windows version of POV-Ray.  It was driving me crazy doing these
radiosity renders, so I came up with a simple fix.  The problem is
caused by the updating of the percent bar at the top of the render
window.  It's so bad it can cause the preview pass to take more than
twice as long to render.  So I made changes to pvengine.c to cause the
percent done not to be diplayed during the first pass, then come back on
the final one.

I'm attaching the updated file, since the file is so big and unruly I
figure it would be easier just to search for the 4 changes I made.  I
placed a //MH with each on.

Now that I got that and the cache file fixed, radiosity is working much
better.  I'd be interested in any problems, since I've only given it a
few hours testing.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: