POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Help re RANDOM object placing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Help re RANDOM object placing (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Glenn Slingsby
Subject: Help re RANDOM object placing
Date: 29 Dec 1998 00:38:30
Message: <36886ad6.0@news.povray.org>
Hi, can anyone out there tell me if there is POV coding that will let me
place a number of Object-A's onto the surface of Object-B in a random manner
without Object-A's colliding with each other? I would also like to be able
to rotate the objects on the vertical plane in a random manner when created.
An example would be placing a number of tree objects on the surface of a
plane.

Any help would be appreciated (if you reply to this could you please e-mail
me also -- thanks)

Glenn

Post a reply to this message

> Hi, can anyone out there tell me if there is POV coding that will let me
> place a number of Object-A's onto the surface of Object-B in a random manner
> without Object-A's colliding with each other? I would also like to be able
> to rotate the objects on the vertical plane in a random manner when created.
> An example would be placing a number of tree objects on the surface of a
> plane.

A way is using my macros:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/2419/POVMacros.html

Dowload the "fill cylinder" or the "fill box" macros and set the height
of the
box (or the cylinder) and you will place randomly spheres on a rectangle
or on a
circle.

You can easly modify the macro to place trees or any other object
instead of spheres.

Best regards and happy 99!

*** to answer by mail remove the "X" from my address ***
( Diego Krota   http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/2419 )
(      Never do anything you wouldn't be caught dead doing      )