POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Compiling POV-Ray 3.1a under VC6 with optimizations Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling POV-Ray 3.1a under VC6 with optimizations (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Ron
Subject: Compiling POV-Ray 3.1a under VC6 with optimizations
Date: 29 Nov 1998 15:03:37
Message: <3661a899.0@news.povray.org>
I am trying to compile POV-Ray 3.1a with optimizations under VC 6.0.

I am trying to go one optimization at a time, but am stuck.

I tryed changing from __cdecl to fast call and am getting an illegal operation
when I run it.

If anyone has gotten this far could you tell what settings and modifications
to the source code you have made.  I added __cdecl to all the function with
variable argument lists.

Ron

Post a reply to this message

>I am trying to compile POV-Ray 3.1a with optimizations under VC 6.0.
>
>I am trying to go one optimization at a time, but am stuck.
>
>I tryed changing from __cdecl to fast call and am getting an illegal operation
>when I run it.
>
>If anyone has gotten this far could you tell what settings and modifications
>to the source code you have made.  I added __cdecl to all the function with
>variable argument lists.

I know this is no real help, but as Visual C is the compiler with the most bugs out
there, I would suggest to look up the MS website if this bug is known and if there is
a fix. If not, use a different compiler, working around all its bugs will only make
you mad.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

I was thinking more about the fact that some of the DLL's that it used weren't written
with
FastCall as an option.  In that case then the parameters would be wrong.

Personally, I haven't found that many bugs with the compiler.  I have found more bugs
with
the Win32 API calls.