POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Help using File IO for animation Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:18:45 EDT (-0400)
  Help using File IO for animation (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Winefred Washington
Subject: Help using File IO for animation
Date: 12 Nov 1998 23:29:55
Message: <364bb5c3.0@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know if I can use the File IO directives in the following
manner.

I have an ASCII file table of parameters where each row represents one frame
and each column is a parameter used in a POV file.

I'd like to use the File directives to read one line from the file for each
frame rendered.

Can the same #fopen file handle span across multiple frames? Or must the
file be reopened each pass and #read performed in order the reach the
correct frame line?

Thanks in advance,
Winefred