POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : SphereSweep Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  SphereSweep (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Karsten Senz
Subject: SphereSweep
Date: 5 Nov 1998 07:28:20
Message: <3641997D.45CAB893@wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de>
Hej there,
I am looking for an POVRAY 3.1 version that includes the SphereSweep
Extensions of Jochen Lippert. I talked to him for a 3.1 vrsion but he
had not enough time to do it. Possibly some one else did it already. So
If You Know please tell. Information for those of you who want to do it
can be find (I hope the link is still valid) at :

<http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~vader/pss/pss.html>

Thanks for your patience

Karsten

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 05 Nov 1998 13:26:38 +0100, Karsten Senz
	<kse### [at] wi-bwtfh-wildaude> wrote:
>I am looking for an POVRAY 3.1 version that includes the SphereSweep
>Extensions of Jochen Lippert. I talked to him for a 3.1 vrsion but he
>had not enough time to do it. Possibly some one else did it already. So
>If You Know please tell. Information for those of you who want to do it
>can be find (I hope the link is still valid) at :

Sphere Sweeps are part of the superpatch, a beta version of which
can be found at http://twysted.net/patchstation .  A real version
is in the works, but I need to finish the documentation first (I'm
about 1/4 done with it).

There are some known bugs with the superpatch.  The nastiest one
is that it crashes if you forget to save before rendering, so it's
not for the faint of heart quite yet.