POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : noise Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  noise (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: MrFrost
Subject: noise
Date: 12 Oct 1998 16:41:56
Message: <3628582e.22806347@news.povray.org>
hello, people,

i was playing with povray source code,
i want to port some functions to pascal language,

but i fink i made a mistake somewhere.
so now my
DBL Noise(x,y,z) function doesn't work properly,
where can i get theory of this function not source code?

or maybe you can post me an image with info like this

for( x=0; x<=199; x++)
for( y=0; y<=199; y++)
{
 image[x,y] = Noise ( x/200, y/200, 0);
}

sory for bad c, but i can only read it not write :(
   __  ___    ____             __    _______ _ ________________________
  /  |/  /___/ __/______  ___ / /_  / Juozas Salna       aka MrFrost  /---
 / /|_/ / __/ _// __/ _ \(_-</ __/ / Ka cia padarius, kad nenumirus? /-----
/_/  /_/_/ /_/ /_/  \___/___/\__/ / http://puni.osf.lt/~mrfrost     /-------

Post a reply to this message

 image[x,y].r = 255*Noise ( x/200, y/200, 0);
}

   __  ___    ____             __    _______ _ ________________________
  /  |/  /___/ __/______  ___ / /_  / Juozas Salna       aka MrFrost  /---
 / /|_/ / __/ _// __/ _ \(_-</ __/ / Ka cia padarius, kad nenumirus? /-----
/_/  /_/_/ /_/ /_/  \___/___/\__/ / http://puni.osf.lt/~mrfrost     /-------

Post a reply to this message

> i want to port some functions to pascal language,
>
> but i fink i made a mistake somewhere.
> so now my
> DBL Noise(x,y,z) function doesn't work properly,
> where can i get theory of this function not source code?

I don't know if this is going to answer your need, but you could always have a
look at a great page I have been visiting a bit in recent times
: http://freespace.virgin.net/hugo.elias/index.htm
Look for models ...

Cheers,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.