POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : DJGPP 2.01 Compile - Help? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  DJGPP 2.01 Compile - Help? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: jko
Subject: DJGPP 2.01 Compile - Help?
Date: 10 Oct 1998 22:54:49
Message: <36200FC1.6FD7D08D@home.com>
If anyone would be willing to help a beginner, I'd sure appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions for installing DJGPP and
compiling POV-ray, but I get "Bad Command of Filename" when I use the
recommended command:

Make -fMSDOSGCC.MAK

I realize it could be many things...but I was hoping the above command
might be obselete or someone might spot the problem or know from
experience what I missed.

Here's what I did:

Extracted Povray source POVMSD_S.zip to F:\Povray

Unzipped the files djdev201.zip, gcc272b.zip, and bnu27b.zip into a
directory called f:\djgpp

added these lines to my autoexec.bat

set DJGPP=F:\DJGPP\DJGPP.ENV
set PATH=F:\DJGPP\BIN;%path%

Ran the autoexec

Ran Go32-v2.exe

Ran make -fMSDOSGCC.mak from F:\povray\source\msdos\djgpp>

Got "bad command or filename" message.

Moved F:\DJGPP contents into F:\povray\source\msdos\djgpp

Changed autoexec to reflect above.

Ran make -fMSDOSGCC.mak from F:\povray\source\msdos\djgpp>

Got "bad command or filename" message.

If anyone knows where I'm wrong please let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Post a reply to this message