POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Help needed: coder for testing a true refl/refr caustics algorithm Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Help needed: coder for testing a true refl/refr caustics algorithm (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Peter Popov
Subject: Help needed: coder for testing a true refl/refr caustics algorithm
Date: 5 Oct 1998 01:21:23
Message: <36184943.0@news.povray.org>
I may be demanding too much, but I have a great problem and I need the help
of a code guru (the kind that reside in this ng). I think I came up a nice
method for true reflective and refractive caustics (that might even work
:) )which is quite simple but involves significant coding which is beyond my
skills (things like virtual light sources etc.) I need to know if this will
work in real life and how slow it will be, which can only be tested by means
of patching POV. If anyone is interested please respond either here or by
e-mail and I will describe the algorithm in details (I have jotted down the
basics in povray.general a couple of days ago, ref: "Yet another idea on
specular reflection"). Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Peter