POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : simple question but what about hte answer? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  simple question but what about hte answer? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: heylen
Subject: simple question but what about hte answer?
Date: 28 Aug 1998 10:28:08
Message: <35e8af31.25210043@news.povray.org>
hello,
thanks to all of you for replying at my previous 'fog problem'
I tried the suggestions but could not work out a satisfying solution.
the problem can be simplified as:
suppose you draw a unity box, centered around the origin.
can you add fog to this scene so that one half of the box completely
disappears into the fog.
so: the front of the box should remain unaffected by the fog and the
the back of the box should be invisible or completely obscured by the
fog.
here's the scene:
camera {
  location <0, 1.5, -2>
  look_at <0, 0, 0>
}
light_source {<0,1,2>rgb 1}
box {0,1 translate -0.5
       pigment{color rgb<1,0,0>}
        finish{ambient .5}
       }

thanks for your solutions and have a nice weekend
regards