POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Anybody interested in AMD-3DNow? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Anybody interested in AMD-3DNow? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Stephen Kennedy
Subject: Anybody interested in AMD-3DNow?
Date: 20 Aug 1998 11:41:52
Message: <35dc35b0.0@news.povray.org>
I had a look at the amd website and they have quite
a few resources for windows programmers using VC++,
It seems it would be quite easy to incorporate these
into povray for windows.

I've also emailed the developers to ask if they would
consider supporting a gcc version, since that compiler
targets just about anything.

Is anybody interested in incorporating these features
or at least getting gcc supported?

Steve.
<ste### [at] mathstcdie>

Post a reply to this message

Yes, I have been to their web site as well. I wonder how much of a
performance boost (if any) could be had by incorporating 3D-Now enhancements
when the appropriate CPU is present.

Jon