POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Idea! Density File Object Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Idea! Density File Object (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Zan Trajkov
Subject: Idea! Density File Object
Date: 1 Sep 1998 10:14:07
Message: <35EBF319.390C14F6@ti-nov1.fbe.fh-weingarten.de>
I have a idea for a new object:  density file object.
The basic idea is to take a df-file and render it. Where is a density,
there is a part of this
object. Regions without density will be not rendered. For a better
control of the density it will
be good if you can declare a threshold and all densities  <  threshold
will be ignored.
To become a homogenous  object, it will be good, if you could
smooth/interpolate the densities.

a possible syntax for that object:

densityf
{
    df new.df
    threshold .5
    smooth/interpolate
}

This is just a idea! I don't know, if this idea could be realized?
I think it's similar like the isosurface pov. There you can declare
functions, which will be
rendert. Here you can build the df-file with functions,handmade,etc  and
then it will be rendered.

One Question :
It's possible to access every value in an df-file with the  #read -
commando within povray?
When it's possible, then a pov-file can read the df-file and can replace
all densities with
other objects like spheres, blobs etc.
Could this be a other way to make df-file objects?

 Zan

PS.: Sorry for my bad english!

Post a reply to this message