POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : handling of .inc-file parameters more easyly Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  handling of .inc-file parameters more easyly (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: ReVerSi
Subject: handling of .inc-file parameters more easyly
Date: 17 Aug 1998 11:45:37
Message: <35D841C7.4A94@t-online.de>
Hi all,

there are a number of .inc-files out there in the www for various
purposes, wich provide quite a lot of parameters you can #declare before
rendering your scene. This may be a very convenient way doing some
standard operations or ready made scene elements in povray.
but while not being absolutly familiar with the use of a special
.inc-file many users do'nt have a complete overview of the posibilities
of their files, the parameters to be set, preset values and how a single
parameter will work on a scene.
to make this handling easyer I've written the text patch attached to
this mail. you may append it to the end of your pov3tmpl.txt-file with
any text editor (but not with MS notepad because file size will get to
big. ;) )
Having done so there will be an extra menue point in povrays "insert"
menue called .incs and clicking on any of it's sub menue points will
insert a list of #declareable parameters of the .inc-file respectively
to your scene file. As comments there also will be inserted the preset
values and a short description respectivly.
For chanching any of the parameters you only have to remove the
commentation slashes "//" at the beginning of the appropriate row and
exchange the preset value to the value you wish; that's all.
I've begun this work with four of the most popular .incs of Chris
Colefax and will continue with some other incs I use more or less
frequently. If anyone out there is interested in those patches please
mail me and you will get it as work progresses. I also will try to take
respect to any hints for .inc-files that should be treated in this way.
However for .incs written for pov3.1 I will do this not before final
release is out, since I would'nt download it earlyer.

ReVerSi

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (15 KB)