POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Syntax Question in 3.1b5 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Syntax Question in 3.1b5 (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Josh English
Subject: Syntax Question in 3.1b5
Date: 11 Aug 1998 15:11:09
Message: <35D09775.62A1D6B7@spiritone.com>
I've installed POV 3.1b5 on my Windows 95 machine, and I'm running into
another syntax problem.
When I render this code :

camera { location <0.5,0.4,-4>
               right 4/3*x
               direction 1*z
               look_at <0,0,0> }

I get a warning :

"All #version and #declare of float, vector, and color require
semi-colon ':' at end. "

on the same line as the 'location' keyword. If I put a semi-colon after
the vector in this line I get :

"No matching } in camera, ; found instead."

I have looked through the documentation but I can't find anything on
syntax changes in 3.1 from version 3.0
If anyone has any info, could you post it or e-mail me with it please?

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom
www.spiritone.com/~english

Post a reply to this message

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:12:04 -0800, Josh English
        <eng### [at] spiritonecom> wrote:
>I've installed POV 3.1b5 on my Windows 95 machine, and I'm running into
>another syntax problem.
>When I render this code :
>
>camera { location <0.5,0.4,-4>
>               right 4/3*x
>               direction 1*z
>               look_at <0,0,0> }
>
>I get a warning :
>
>"All #version and #declare of float, vector, and color require
>semi-colon ':' at end. "
>
>on the same line as the 'location' keyword.

Is there a #version or #declare on the last nonblank line before the
camera?  Look there for the problem.

Post a reply to this message

Actuallyere is. I had a macro command and was told that the version was set
to 3.0, so I had to declare  version 3.1. I misread the warning, five or
six times, actually. I think I understand...thanks

Josh English
eng### [at] spiritonecom
www.spiritone.com/~english