POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Public Beta 3.1 ??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Public Beta 3.1 ??? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Steve Horn :)
Subject: Public Beta 3.1 ???
Date: 10 Aug 1998 05:54:09
Message: <35CEB6BD.5655@pop.service.ohio-state.edu>
So what's new about 3.1 beta??  I hoped they nabbed that brightness bug
in line 1194 of render.c   :D

Is there going to be an official release of v3.1 soon?  Any news on
PoV-Ray v4.0???

,
Steve!  :p

Post a reply to this message

From: Dan Connelly
Subject: Re: Public Beta 3.1 ???
Date: 10 Aug 1998 07:47:35
Message: <35CECFC5.89513402@flash.net>
Steve! :p Horn :) wrote:

> So what's new about 3.1 beta??  I hoped they nabbed that brightness bug
> in line 1194 of render.c   :D

So it appears you are a fan of punctuation, "Steve ! :p :)".

Line 1194 in my source is the following :

opts.Radiosity_Brightness = 3. / gather_grey;

I would guess this overrides the user brightness setting with a fixed
3.0 value -- is this correct?  I can't see any previous messages on
this subject in this group.  Is there a patch?

thanks,
Dan

--
http://www.flash.net/~djconnel/