POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : GUI Extension problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  GUI Extension problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: David Clutter
Subject: GUI Extension problem
Date: 9 Aug 1998 18:29:42
Message: <35CE144C.664D8B79@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
I am trying to write a GUI Extension for POV-Ray version 3.01.  I am
using VC++ 5.0 on a WinNT 4.0 machine.  I started a new Win32 dll
project and added guidemo.c to the project.  I compiled and built the
project without problem.  I added the path to my .pge file in
pvengine.ini.  Now when I run POV-Ray, I get the following message:

Could not get Init address for GUI Extension DLL....

I believe the problem lies with the function PovGuiExtensionGetPointers
in guidemo.c.  I made no changes to the original guidemo.c source code
for this function.

Can anyone offer any pointers? (pun intended)

Dave Clutter
clu### [at] ncsauiucedu

Post a reply to this message

Problem solved.  VC++ 5.0 doesn't support __export, so you need to write
a .DEF file (and use the associated command line switch) to explicitly
export the PovGuiExtensionGetPointers function.  You can use the dumpbin
utility to see exactly which functions are exported from a DLL.

DC
clu### [at] ncsauiucedu

David Clutter wrote:

> I am trying to write a GUI Extension for POV-Ray version 3.01.  I am
> using VC++ 5.0 on a WinNT 4.0 machine.  I started a new Win32 dll
> project and added guidemo.c to the project.  I compiled and built the
> project without problem.  I added the path to my .pge file in
> pvengine.ini.  Now when I run POV-Ray, I get the following message:
>
> Could not get Init address for GUI Extension DLL....
>
> I believe the problem lies with the function PovGuiExtensionGetPointers
> in guidemo.c.  I made no changes to the original guidemo.c source code
> for this function.
>
> Can anyone offer any pointers? (pun intended)
>
> Dave Clutter
> clu### [at] ncsauiucedu

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 10:29:46 -0500, David Clutter
        <clu### [at] ncsauiucedu> wrote:
>Problem solved.  VC++ 5.0 doesn't support __export, so you need to write
>a .DEF file (and use the associated command line switch) to explicitly
>export the PovGuiExtensionGetPointers function.  You can use the dumpbin
>utility to see exactly which functions are exported from a DLL.

However, VC++ 5.0 does support __declspec(dllexport) which does the same
thing.