POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : povray crash on alpha Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  povray crash on alpha (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Lothar Esser
Subject: povray crash on alpha
Date: 31 Jul 1998 15:36:36
Message: <35C20ED7.9349173E@chop.swmed.edu>
Dear Colleagues,

  I don't know whether this problem has been addressed already in
the new version of povray 3.1 but I am experiencing a number of
'floating exceptions' running povray on dec-alpha machines ( both linux
and
digital unix ). Using the debugger I get the following message:

signal Floating point exception at   [do_specular:5
+0x26f0,0x12003c620]

The same job runs fine on sgi ( IRIX 6.2, R10000). Any ideas ?

Thanks.

   Lothar Esser

Dr. Lothar Esser
Howard Hughes Medical Institute