POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: How can I turn ground fog upside down? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I turn ground fog upside down? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Roy Schulz
Subject: Re: How can I turn ground fog upside down?
Date: 16 Jun 1998 16:02:12
Message: <3586CF44.72AAFB0F@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de>

> I have tried turning groundfog  upside down with "up <0, -1000, 0>" and
> "rotate x*180" but it doesn't work (it seems that the fog is all over after
> this was done. I tried to translate it up and down but it still didn't
> work). Does anybody know a sollution to this?

If you put the line:

  sky <0, -1, 0>

in your camera definition before look_at, the whole picture will be
rendered upside-down. If then turn all vertical coordinates of your
picture upside-down accordingly except the fog, you will get the desired
effect.

Roy.

--

email: roy### [at] rcsurztu-dresdende
www:   http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~roy/

Post a reply to this message

> I have tried turning groundfog  upside down with "up <0, -1000, 0>" and
> "rotate x*180" but it doesn't work (it seems that the fog is all over after
> this was done. I tried to translate it up and down but it still didn't
> work). Does anybody know a sollution to this?

If you put the line:

  sky <0, -1, 0>

in your camera definition before look_at, the whole picture will be
rendered upside-down. If you then turn all vertical coordinates of your