POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : BUG: ultra_wide_angle camera type uses incorrect angles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  BUG: ultra_wide_angle camera type uses incorrect angles (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Ronald L  Parker
Subject: BUG: ultra_wide_angle camera type uses incorrect angles
Date: 2 Jun 1998 22:37:12
Message: <3575b442.360504568@news.povray.org>
I couldn't find an appropriate email address for bug reports, for some
strange reason, so I hope if I post this here it will get to the right
person.  The only address I found was win### [at] povrayorg, which states
that it is for Windows bugs.  Perhaps I just missed it.

While attempting to answer a question posed in a post made on Sunday,
I discovered a bug in the ultra_wide_angle camera code.  When I
specify a camera angle of 360 degrees, what I get is just under 120
degrees.  This is because the code in create_ray in render.c divides
the camera angle by 180 rather than multiplying by pi/180 (M_PI_180)
as the other camera types do.  To work around it, I can multiply the
angle I want by pi, but it would be nice if this were fixed in a
future release.

In case it matters, the problem was verified on version 3.00 for
Windows, but was discovered while reading the version 3.02 source code
for Unix.

Thanks for a great program, and keep up the good work.