POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Disc error in PovRay Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:28 EDT (-0400)
  Disc error in PovRay (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Vahur Krouverk
Subject: Disc error in PovRay
Date: 30 May 1998 13:43:43
Message: <3570454F.7A26875D@fv.aetec.ee>
Hi!

There was discussion about possible disc error in cgrr newsgroup.
I looked to PovRay code and as it appears, there is indeed bug in disc
implementation. To be more specific, matrix transformation for disc does
not modify
disc's normal vector and therefore it gets coloured wrong, if
transformed with transformation matrix..I fiddled source code
to verify my theory and it seems to work (disc gets coloured same way,
as cylinder). Is this
bug known and has anybody reported about this bug to PovRay team? If
not,  then I'll report it; may-be this fix gets to version 3.1 release.

BTW, is there somewhere list of known (and/or reported/fixed) bugs?
May-be PovRay site should include page for this?