POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Can I compile POV with Borland C/C++ 4.52 ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:31:48 EDT (-0400)
  Can I compile POV with Borland C/C++ 4.52 ? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: McLilith
Subject: Can I compile POV with Borland C/C++ 4.52 ?
Date: 17 Apr 1998 00:11:36
Message: <3536d47f.116076955@news.povray.org>
I have a copy of Borland C / C++  version 4.52 and I was wondering if
this could be used to compile a version of POV-Ray for either DOS or
WIN95? The compilers included on the CD-ROM come in three basic
flavors: DOS, 16 bit Windows, and 32 bit Windows.

I just got the software very recently and have very little C language
experience, but still want to try compiling POV-Ray if I can with this
package. I'd like to try adding some of the custom patches that I have
seen available on the net, and later maybe making small changes to POV
myself. (When I figure out more about all this.)

If anyone has done this with the Borland products, I'd like to  know
more about how to setup the compiler options, etc. I'm still VERY new
to the C language. Please be patient with me.

Thanks a lot,

G. Berry

777### [at] ezwvcom

( Remove the "777" part of the above address if you want to send me
private email. This is my attempt to cut out spam. I hope no one here
minds that little complication. )

Post a reply to this message

> I have a copy of Borland C / C++  version 4.52 and I was wondering if
> this could be used to compile a version of POV-Ray for either DOS or
> WIN95?

Yes, you can.  I just did it today.  :)  (I compiled Povwin 3 to a Windows 95
target).

-Nathan

Post a reply to this message