POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : GUI-extension programming Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  GUI-extension programming (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Friedemann Schmidt
Subject: GUI-extension programming
Date: 18 Apr 1998 15:46:32
Message: <353902b9.6468569@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I really have problems in writing a GUI-extension for POV-Ray for
Windows. I already got the example from Pete Goodwin in
binaries.programming, but I don't know how to modify it to compile it
with Visual C++ 4.0.

I created a DLL directly from the example file "guidemo.c" in the
povray souce code, but it doesn't work by now. I think I don't provide
a menu handle in the correct way, I'm really a bit desperated ;-)

What I finally want to do is to have an extension to get the data from
POV-Ray for creating a preview-picture - like the texture editor of
Moray for Windows - in a program that I'm working on.

Could anybody help me with tips, hints for reading (except from
"guidemo.c") or better a little example code for Visual C++ that is at
least required for an extension????

Many thanks in advance,
Friedemann

Friedemann Schmidt