POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Geometry in POVRay Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Geometry in POVRay (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Jan Andersen
Subject: Geometry in POVRay
Date: 14 Apr 1998 07:12:12
Message: <3533448C.66D40141@image.dk>
Is there anything like an extension of POVRay that can
render the types of objects that are typically met in
the fields of differential geometry and low dimensional
geomtery.

Yes, I know that I can specify elementary shapes etc
without any 'extras', but it occurs to me that it isn't
trivial to illustrate eg. a field of tangent vectors of
a surface or the effect of diverse transformations of
the surfaces.

Please, if you can help me with these things, answer on
my mail address: jan### [at] imagedk, as I'm moving to a new
job soon.

/jan

- while you're here, why not take a look
at a href="http://www.image.dk/~jan_p_a

If you want to reply to me, my electronic
address is ndjan and the server part of it
is nord-data-detail.dk. Or you can use
jan_p_a with server part = image.dk

This rather 'circumvented' explanation is
meant to avoid automatic spammers that
browse the news groups. I hope it works