POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POVray extensions using Borland C++ Builder V3 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  POVray extensions using Borland C++ Builder V3 (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Pete Goodwin
Subject: POVray extensions using Borland C++ Builder V3
Date: 28 Mar 1998 03:42:26
Message: <351CB7F2.D36AA67A@netcomuk.co.uk.remove.to.reply>
I thought there was a gui-extensions group on this server...

Anyway, I took the demo code for POVray extension DLL and built a C++
Builder project around it. It worked beautifully. I moved the dialog
code to a VCL form and got my display extension working with POVray.
Basically, it dumps the output to a shared memory block - I can then
display it in another application at the same time as POVray is running.

It was only a simple demo to see if it worked - if anyone is interested
in the code, mail me (remove the remove.to.reply first though!)

Pete.

Post a reply to this message

Pete Goodwin <pgo### [at] netcomukcoukremovetoreply> wrote:

>I thought there was a gui-extensions group on this server...

There was, but it got almost no traffic, so we didn't re-create it when
we changed servers.

>Anyway, I took the demo code for POVray extension DLL and built a C++
>Builder project around it. It worked beautifully. I moved the dialog
>code to a VCL form and got my display extension working with POVray.
>Basically, it dumps the output to a shared memory block - I can then
>display it in another application at the same time as POVray is running.
>
>It was only a simple demo to see if it worked - if anyone is interested
>in the code, mail me (remove the remove.to.reply first though!)

Can you post it in povray.binaries.programming ?

Post a reply to this message

> Can you post it in povray.binaries.programming ?

I would except I can't see this group!

Pete

Post a reply to this message

Update the list of newsgroups for the povray news server and you should
find it in your news program...

Cheers, Matthew

Pete Goodwin wrote:

> povray.org admin team wrote:
>
> > Can you post it in povray.binaries.programming ?
>
> I would except I can't see this group!
>
> Pete

Post a reply to this message

Pete Goodwin wrote:

> povray.org admin team wrote:
>
> > Can you post it in povray.binaries.programming ?
>
> I would except I can't see this group!
>
> Pete

Post a reply to this message

> Update the list of newsgroups for the povray news server and you should
> find it in your news program...

Oh boy do I feel like a dork... 8*}

As Homer Simpson would say: "Doh!"

Anyway, the ZIP file is there. Am I really the first one to post to POVray
programming?

Pete