POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: How can I make a sinusoidal shadow ? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 06:37:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I make a sinusoidal shadow ? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: How can I make a sinusoidal shadow ?
Date: 3 Dec 2003 09:52:03
Message: <1h91a1-2rv.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
LSB wrote:
> Hello !
>
> For my work, I want to simulate a spatially structured light on an
> object. This structured light intensity must have the form of a sinus and
> produces on a plane a sort of grid shadow.
> I have tried to do that with a sinusoidal shape with light fading inside but
> the shadow so produced is not perfectly sinuoidal because the fading is not
> linear with the distance.
> How could I proceed to achieve my goals ?
> I am very greatfull to anyone who can help me !!!

This is not the right group for such a question, please read the [READ
BEFORE POSTING] message in this group.

Concerning the question, you probably can use a semitransparent object
in front of the light source with an appropriate pattern to get the
intended effect.  Note that questions starting with 'I want to simulate'
are nearly always unclear in some points.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______