POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray Patch Identification Proposal : Re: POV-Ray Patch Identification Proposal Server Time
26 Jul 2024 20:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Patch Identification Proposal
From: clipka
Date: 26 Jul 2013 07:09:22
Message: <51f258e2$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.07.2013 09:46, schrieb scott:
>> I'm currently working on a 3.7 branch which will implement the above
>> (among a lot of other fancy stuff of course, but it double-features as a
>> prototype for a generic "branching framework"); adapting the approach to
>> other branches should be easy enough.
>>
>> Comments, anyone?
>
> My concern would be that you release a branch with unbiased rendering
> :-) , I release a branch with sky-coloured fog, someone else does a
> branch for physics simulation, but how to render a scene utilising all
> of those features at once?

By finding someone to release yet another branch that pulls all of these
together and also adheres to this proposal.

In the scene file you can then test for the presence of all the features
you need, using multiple "#patch" statements.

That's exactly the purpose of this proposal: To allow people to compile
collections of multiple patches, while still providing a standard
interface to identify each and every one of them.