POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : looking for 2 effects Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:31:36 EDT (-0400)
  looking for 2 effects (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: jmichae3
Subject: looking for 2 effects
Date: 20 Aug 2011 20:55:00
Message: <web.4e5056bb5a6c7a8f379c87210@news.povray.org>
I am looking for 2 effects.

- I once made POV cause reflective text to throw off red, green, and blue (don't
remember if there were other colors), well, I don't know if you call it rainbow
lens, or what you call it, but you can do the same thing with diffraction
grating lenses in cameras I think.  makes nice effects for what I want to do.

- I want to make a decent reflective, shiny gold.  don't know how to reproduce
this.  I may tweak the color to make it look like I want.  silver would be nice
too.  even better would be something that has same-colored "rays" like you would
use for TV.

I am making videos.  this essentially makes up the hard part of what could be
multiple simplistic (and unfortunately silent) videos.  I have not been able to
make a gold that shines very well because I am not good at lighting, and I am
essentially a relative beginner.

here's what I've got for the gold (with green spherical background)

unfortunately, diffraction is NOT a property of POV-RAY.  it should be, maybe I
will make that feature request.  it would be a nice addition, don't you think?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'jesusislord.pov.txt' (4 KB)

"jmichae3" <jmi### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I am looking for 2 effects.
>
> - I once made POV cause reflective text to throw off red, green, and blue (don't
> remember if there were other colors), well, I don't know if you call it rainbow
> lens, or what you call it, but you can do the same thing with diffraction
> grating lenses in cameras I think.  makes nice effects for what I want to do.
>
> - I want to make a decent reflective, shiny gold.  don't know how to reproduce
> this.  I may tweak the color to make it look like I want.  silver would be nice
> too.  even better would be something that has same-colored "rays" like you would
> use for TV.
>
> I am making videos.  this essentially makes up the hard part of what could be
> multiple simplistic (and unfortunately silent) videos.  I have not been able to
> make a gold that shines very well because I am not good at lighting, and I am
> essentially a relative beginner.
>
> here's what I've got for the gold (with green spherical background)
>

> unfortunately, diffraction is NOT a property of POV-RAY.  it should be, maybe I
> will make that feature request.  it would be a nice addition, don't you think?

Just take a look at the include file golds.inc, you do find the gold you want.