POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Networkrendering made easy Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:59:15 EDT (-0400)
  Networkrendering made easy (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: H  Karsten
Subject: Networkrendering made easy
Date: 1 Nov 2009 21:25:01
Message: <web.4aee42bf4efc2857da6353d60@news.povray.org>
Did you ever use the rendermans network render feature?

It is extreme cool and quick'n dirty.
It use only one Port and _nothing_ else!

The actual beta of PovRay already supports multicore rendering. To enhance the
render power, a network render feature would help.

To use just one port like RenderMan do would be a great thing. It makes it easy
to use several OSes in a render cluster and save time to setup network
rendering.

Holger

(Ok, that's enough for today, now I'm shut up ;)

Post a reply to this message