POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : A yuqk fork seedfi example. Server Time
9 May 2024 07:06:31 EDT (-0400)
  A yuqk fork seedfi example. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: William F Pokorny
Subject: A yuqk fork seedfi example.
Date: 30 Oct 2023 15:02:35
Message: <653ffdcb@news.povray.org>
With the yuqk fork release posted today I started to include some simple
example scenes for particular features. Attached an image from the
seedfi_00.pov example.

It's an image that just showed up as I played and I thought it cool. The
relevant bit of code is below.

#declare CarmineRed = srgb <1,0,0.21961>;
#declare Black = srgb <0,0,0>;
#declare ChalkGreen = srgb <0.11765,0.68627,0.07843>;
#declare ColorMap = color_map {
     [ -1 CarmineRed ]
     [  0 Black ]
     [  1 ChalkGreen ]
}

// The focus is just below. It shows the use of the seedfi
// pattern and that it needs to use function_interval due the
// -1..1 values it generates. There is too a chaining of two
// _wave general value pattern modifiers which can create effects
// not otherwise easily achieved.
#declare Fn = function {
     pattern {
         seedfi function_interval sine_wave