POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Feature Request: ldt and ies photometric sources support Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Feature Request: ldt and ies photometric sources support (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: IGM
Subject: Feature Request: ldt and ies photometric sources support
Date: 12 Oct 2018 04:45:00
Message: <web.5bc05e5a80ca39a0776fc67d0@news.povray.org>
Support to photometric point sources with intensity pattern defined in ldt
(eulumdat) and/or ies file. This files are supported in technical software
packages (like Dialux) for lighting rendering.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EULUMDAT

Thanks
igmar

Post a reply to this message

> Support to photometric point sources with intensity pattern defined in ldt
> (eulumdat) and/or ies file. This files are supported in technical software
> packages (like Dialux) for lighting rendering.
>
> See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EULUMDAT
>
> Thanks
> igmar

I think that it's in the to do list, but don't have any time frame for
the inclusion of the feature.
At least, there are a few requests for the IES format, don't remember if
there where any for the LDT format.

Post a reply to this message

>> Support to photometric point sources with intensity pattern defined in
>> ldt
>> (eulumdat) and/or ies file. This files are supported in technical
>> software
>> packages (like Dialux) for lighting rendering.
>>
>> See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EULUMDAT
>>
>> Thanks
>> igmar
>>

> I think that it's in the to do list, but don't have any time frame for
> the inclusion of the feature.
> At least, there are a few requests for the IES format, don't remember if
> there where any for the LDT format.

Yes, there is an open github request. No recent work by anyone in this
area to my knowledge. See:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/issues/322

Bill P.