POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Multiple render jobs in a single instance Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  Multiple render jobs in a single instance (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Multiple render jobs in a single instance
Date: 21 Jan 2016 20:46:48
Message: <56a18a08$1@news.povray.org>
I think it could be a good idea to support multiple render jobs running
in parallel in a single instance of POV-Ray. You could manage them like
downloads in a download manager or bittorrent.

Why, do you ask? Because when running multiple instances it can get
confusing as to which instance is currently running. Over the last week
I've accidentally stopped a long render a few times because I clicked on
the wrong icon in the taskbar.

Also, it resolves the issue where some files are open in one instance
but not another, and POV-Ray does not correctly remember which files
were open when starting a new instance.

Lastly, the "recent files" list at the bottom of the File menu may get
messed up with all the separate instances.

I don't think this is a high priority, but I thought I'd throw the idea
out there.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Why, do you ask? Because when running multiple instances it can get
> confusing as to which instance is currently running. Over the last week
> I've accidentally stopped a long render a few times because I clicked on
> the wrong icon in the taskbar.

Don't you get a warning if you try to stop a long render?

Post a reply to this message