POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Website/forum link colors Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:55:53 EDT (-0400)
  Website/forum link colors (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Website/forum link colors
Date: 16 Aug 2022 17:29:02
Message: <pan$87ea7$c1f8ebdc$6f1b4c76$dbff91df@nospam.com>
On Wed, 17 Aug 2022 01:11:27 +1000, Chris Cason wrote:

> I'm open to changing the visited link colour, but I'd prefer first to
> see examples of some sites where a full blue unvisited link (which is
> what we use) is used alongside a visibly different but not 'clashing'
> visited link colour.

Here's a good reference for web accessibility:

https://webaim.org/blog/wcag-2-0-and-link-colors/

Looks like the recommendation is either a colour that's specific for
links, or a colour scheme that's dependent on the state.  No real best
practice for using it or not (Google uses the state and indicates as such;
Microsoft doesn't).

I think a visited link colour change is helpful, as often times I visit a
site and am trying to remember where I saw something, and the visual
indicator can be helpful to track that down.