POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I saw a very strange bug Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:07:02 EDT (-0400)
  I saw a very strange bug (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Samuel B
Subject: I saw a very strange bug
Date: 23 Sep 2021 20:00:00
Message: <web.614d14a1a8798702cb705ca46e741498@news.povray.org>
Hi,

There have been many spider wasps around lately. Dark blue, twitchy, and always
on the hunt for poor, unsuspecting arachnids in which they can lay their eggs.

But today I saw something a bit different... It looked kind of like a small,
dark wolf spider. Between 5/8 inch to 2.25 cm in diameter, including legs. Its
thorax was larger than its abdomen, and it was a dark blue color. And it had
tiny wings. WTF? It had /wings/, yet it also had long legs like a spider. What
tf did I see? I went to get my phone to take a shot, but by the time I came back
out there was nothing there but a regular wolf-like spider.

I'm not the only one who saw it, so I'm not crazy this time, haha.

I suppose that it's possible - with my slowly failing eyesight - I saw a spider
wasp in the process of securing another victim, but I don't think so. This thing
looked like a singular entity. Half spider, half wasp.

I tried to search for such a thing, but did not turn up anything remotely
resembling this beast.

Sam

Post a reply to this message

> There have been many spider wasps around lately. Dark blue, twitchy, and always
> on the hunt for poor, unsuspecting arachnids in which they can lay their eggs.
>
> But today I saw something a bit different... It looked kind of like a small,
> dark wolf spider. Between 5/8 inch to 2.25 cm in diameter, including legs. Its
> thorax was larger than its abdomen, and it was a dark blue color. And it had
> tiny wings. WTF? It had /wings/, yet it also had long legs like a spider. What
> tf did I see? I went to get my phone to take a shot, but by the time I came back
> out there was nothing there but a regular wolf-like spider.
>
> I'm not the only one who saw it, so I'm not crazy this time, haha.
>
> I suppose that it's possible - with my slowly failing eyesight - I saw a spider
> wasp in the process of securing another victim, but I don't think so. This thing
> looked like a singular entity. Half spider, half wasp.
>
> I tried to search for such a thing, but did not turn up anything remotely
> resembling this beast.
>
> Sam

Aliens! :-)

No idea. Perhaps a deformity of some kind?

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message