POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Thought about POV-Ray when making this Rigid Body Python video using Blende= Server Time
29 Mar 2024 07:57:39 EDT (-0400)
  Thought about POV-Ray when making this Rigid Body Python video using Blende= (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Theogott
Subject: Thought about POV-Ray when making this Rigid Body Python video using Blende=
Date: 5 Dec 2019 14:20:04
Message: <web.5de9580f85093fa3ab3bb4830@news.povray.org>
Blender and POV-Ray are not really Competitors as theoretically you can render
using POV-Ray with the things that you modell in Blender.

I am not sure it makes sense for me, because i was never that good with POV-Ray,
but you can do that.

And here we are. In my video i show how you can describe a scene in Blender in
Python instead of using the UI.
And that was the moment when i remembered POV-Ray.
I like it to have an Textfile that just describes the scene.
And in Blender it also describes the Rigid Body physics as well.

In my new video i explain that.
And if you want you can render it with POV-Ray instead of using Evee (the
Blender realtime renderer).

Here is my video on that topic. If you ever wanted to code a POV-Ray Scene in
Python (the geometry maybe not the material) then this video gives you a start.

Blender Rigid Body in Python, 3 secrets.
https://youtu.be/MIy9layc2KA

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'title.jpg' (130 KB)

Preview of image 'title.jpg'
title.jpg

> Blender and POV-Ray are not really Competitors as theoretically you can render
> using POV-Ray with the things that you modell in Blender.
>
> I am not sure it makes sense for me, because i was never that good with POV-Ray,
> but you can do that.
>
> And here we are. In my video i show how you can describe a scene in Blender in
> Python instead of using the UI.
> And that was the moment when i remembered POV-Ray.
> I like it to have an Textfile that just describes the scene.
> And in Blender it also describes the Rigid Body physics as well.
>
> In my new video i explain that.
> And if you want you can render it with POV-Ray instead of using Evee (the
> Blender realtime renderer).
>
> Here is my video on that topic. If you ever wanted to code a POV-Ray Scene in
> Python (the geometry maybe not the material) then this video gives you a start.
>
> Blender Rigid Body in Python, 3 secrets.
> https://youtu.be/MIy9layc2KA

Thank you.
I just use the UI in Blender. Partly because I've never known how to
integrate Python into Blender. I learned in the first 10 minutes of your
video what I've been searching for, for years. I hope you don't mind me
downloading it to study it offline.
I like your style of tutorial (crashes and all) :) And your accent is
pleasant to my ears. So I think it is well done.

Now I have a reason to learn Python.
Does anyone know of any Python tutorials relevant to graphics? (I don't
even know what I need to know.)

Rigid Bodies are fun. I ran into problems making a clock escapement on
my last outing. Thinking about it now it might be a "scaling" problem.
And thanks for that thought as well. :D

--

Regards
     Stephen