POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux Office Suite Server Time
27 Nov 2022 04:55:12 EST (-0500)
  Linux Office Suite (Message 1 to 6 of 6)  
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Linux Office Suite
Date: 4 Sep 2019 20:35:00
Message: <web.5d705783d15a26584eec112d0@news.povray.org>
Still looking for a decent "drawing" program like VISIO for Linux.
ReShape for Android, and DrawingBoard Pro were kinda still in development, last
time I checked.

But I just stumbled across this, in case anyone wants to check out something
besides LibreOffice or OpenOffice:

https://www.calligra.org/


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: Linux Office Suite
Date: 5 Sep 2019 05:20:00
Message: <web.5d70d2fe36203afbfeeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

"Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Still looking for a decent "drawing" program like VISIO for Linux.
> ReShape for Android, and DrawingBoard Pro were kinda still in development, last
> time I checked.
>
> But I just stumbled across this, in case anyone wants to check out something
> besides LibreOffice or OpenOffice:
> https://www.calligra.org/

there's also https://inkscape.org/

(disclaimer - haven't used it)


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Linux Office Suite
Date: 5 Sep 2019 11:26:10
Message: <5d712912$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 05 Sep 2019 05:18:54 -0400, jr wrote:

> hi,
> 
> "Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>> Still looking for a decent "drawing" program like VISIO for Linux.
>> ReShape for Android, and DrawingBoard Pro were kinda still in
>> development, last time I checked.
>>
>> But I just stumbled across this, in case anyone wants to check out
>> something besides LibreOffice or OpenOffice:
>> https://www.calligra.org/
> 
> there's also https://inkscape.org/
> 
> (disclaimer - haven't used it)
> 
> 
> regards, jr.

Inkscape is pretty good, but not quite like Visio (unless they've changed 
it recently, I suppose)



-- 
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and 
besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw


Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Subject: Re: Linux Office Suite
Date: 5 Sep 2019 12:40:01
Message: <web.5d71399a36203afbfeeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Sep 2019 05:18:54 -0400, jr wrote:
> > "Bald Eagle" <cre### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> >> Still looking for a decent "drawing" program like VISIO for Linux.
> >> ReShape for Android, and DrawingBoard Pro were kinda still in
> >> development, last time I checked.
> >>
> >> But I just stumbled across this, in case anyone wants to check out
> >> something besides LibreOffice or OpenOffice:
> >> https://www.calligra.org/
> >
> > there's also https://inkscape.org/
> > (disclaimer - haven't used it)
>
> Inkscape is pretty good, but not quite like Visio (unless they've changed
> it recently, I suppose)

ok, thanks for clarifying.

meanwhile I remembered that ddd ('data display debugger') comes with 'vsl', a
language that is used to create the displays; see 'ddd-themes.pdf' for
documentation.  again "not quite like", and requires manual install of the 'vsl'
executable, but hey..  :-)


regards, jr.


Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Subject: Re: Linux Office Suite
Date: 7 Sep 2019 10:00:10
Message: <XnsAAC3A2CA8E654seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:web.5d705783d15a26584eec112d0@news.povray.org Bald Eagle wrote:

> 
> Still looking for a decent "drawing" program like VISIO for Linux.
> 

no gui but very usefull for diagramms, http://plantuml.com/index


Ingo


Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Subject: Re: Linux Office Suite
Date: 7 Sep 2019 10:01:59
Message: <XnsAAC3A319028E5seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:XnsAAC3A2CA8E654seed7@news.povray.org ingo wrote:

> in news:web.5d705783d15a26584eec112d0@news.povray.org Bald Eagle wrote:
> 
>> 
>> Still looking for a decent "drawing" program like VISIO for Linux.
>> 
> 
> no gui but very usefull for diagramms, http://plantuml.com/index
> 

Too fast, with GUI http://dia-installer.de/

Ingo


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2021 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.