POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : musical notation font Server Time
1 Jun 2024 16:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  musical notation font (Message 21 to 30 of 39)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 9 Messages >>>
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: musical notation font
Date: 18 Jun 2018 07:12:49
Message: <5b2793b1$1@news.povray.org>
On 18-6-2018 3:04, jr wrote:
> fancy posting a link to one of your "like"s?

I have not grown beyond this: ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEeAN471boQ

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 18 Jun 2018 07:58:03
Message: <5b279e4b$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/06/2018 12:12, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 18-6-2018 3:04, jr wrote:
>> fancy posting a link to one of your "like"s?
>>

> I have not grown beyond this: ;-)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEeAN471boQ

Hu!

I have (a bit).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P4yC3HMxkQ

Or if you want a highlight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_XfmC3TwoY
Hooch! ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Date: 18 Jun 2018 08:05:01
Message: <web.5b279f099973151b635cc5ad0@news.povray.org>
hi,

Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 18/06/2018 02:04, jr wrote:
> >   where does Rap end + Hip-Hop begin?
> At a guess, in the eight circle of Hell (Fraud).

admission?!  </grin>

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Date: 18 Jun 2018 08:40:01
Message: <web.5b27a6149973151b635cc5ad0@news.povray.org>
hi,

dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> >> You don't even have to have natural rhythm nor
> >> practice to be a master DJ.
> > but surely, if a DJ couldn't "hear" sounds + rhythms in their head, all the
> > technology wouldn't make any difference.  (surmising  :-))
> I'm not seeing (hearing?) it.

feeling isn't the word, perhaps an innate knowledge of "it being right" then?

> A computer is doing 99% of the work
> already.  I see no issue with a computer doing the last 1%.

nor me.  I would not be surprised to learn that "hit music" was composed by AI.
:-)

> >> It is interesting how music has simultaneously devolved in two camps;
> >> rap on one side, and euro-trance on the other.
> > and nowhere to go for ABBA fans..  ;-)
> > I struggle to "classify" music into genres, other than broad categories; where
> > does Rap end + Hip-Hop begin?
> I agree with that.

> > fancy posting a link to one of your "like"s?

wow.  thank you.  </roll-up-sleeves>

> 2nd British Invasion:
> Steve Winwood, Eric Clapton - Can't Find My Way Home
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT-SFgkVlno
> Southern Rock Jazz:
> The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed ( At Fillmore
> East, 1971 )
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rQWh62VUHE

my late 60s early 70s favourites were, and still are, Deep Purple,
Black Sabbath, Hawkwind, UFO (before 1973), Pink Floyd, many others.  not much
overlap, I guess.  :-)

> I am impressed by looping.  Knob twiddling with talent :)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnJMDJbQ984

marked for later, short on time to sit down and watch.  same goes for your vid.

> Big Zappa fan (apparently as a Czech, this is in my DNA)

agree, even w/out the benefit of matching DNA.  reminds me, forgot Captain
Beefheart.

> Pink Floyd, Shine On You Crazy Diamond is a symphony.
> Comfortably Numb has two of the greatest guitar solos in one song.

"Meddle" is probably my favourite, though it is .. impossible to single out any
one track or album.

> I like odd time signatures. I've tried to write in 5, I haven't been
> able to. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57nCAOaCRto

;-)

and, perhaps, music by this person:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nik_B%C3%A4rtsch

> Dave Brubeck - Take Five

and some of the cover versions.  don't know Brubeck well but think it's mostly
too close to trad for my liking.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

> > fancy posting a link to one of your "like"s?
> I have not grown beyond this: ;-)
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEeAN471boQ

yes, beguiling.  :-)

I've listened to the first half or so and feel .. at ease.  nice.  playlist
material.  thanks.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

>> At a guess, in the eight circle of Hell (Fraud).
>
> admission?!  </grin>

I've passed through several times.

--

Regards