POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : For 20 Years The French Have Been Building A Medieval Castle... Server Time
4 May 2024 19:07:14 EDT (-0400)
  For 20 Years The French Have Been Building A Medieval Castle... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: For 20 Years The French Have Been Building A Medieval Castle...
Date: 16 Jan 2018 15:20:01
Message: <web.5a5e5decb5622b33c437ac910@news.povray.org>
Pretty cool.   For all you architectural modelers out there!  :)

https://www.boredpanda.com/building-13th-century-guedelon-castle-france/

Post a reply to this message

From: Kenneth
Date: 16 Jan 2018 16:20:01
Message: <web.5a5e6b63186b33c0a47873e10@news.povray.org>
What a project! I particularly like that human-powered 'winch drum'-- like a
mouse on a treadmill but BIG! That's a clever way of rotating a winch (and I
suppose it's historically accurate too.)

I wonder who's funding this project? It *has* to be an expensive undertaking.

Post a reply to this message

> What a project! I particularly like that human-powered 'winch drum'-- like a
> mouse on a treadmill but BIG! That's a clever way of rotating a winch (and I
> suppose it's historically accurate too.)
>
> I wonder who's funding this project? It *has* to be an expensive undertaking.

I have been following this project on/off for many years when most of
the castle was yet to appear above ground. As far as I know, the
building is funded by sponsors, donations, visitors, shop selling, etc.

https://www.guedelon.fr/fr/

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message