POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Firefox Add-on Server Time
4 May 2024 21:33:29 EDT (-0400)
  Firefox Add-on (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Firefox Add-on
Date: 18 Dec 2017 12:25:07
Message: <web.5a37f96d83773f48c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Firefox users who allow the browser to install and run studies -- functionality
that seeds random users with new features before release to the broader user
base -- may have found themselves with an unwelcome add-on installed over the
weekend called Looking Glass."

http://www.zdnet.com/article/privacy-touting-mozilla-caught-shoving-mr-robot-add-on-into-firefox/

Post a reply to this message

> "Firefox users who allow the browser to install and run studies -- functionality
> that seeds random users with new features before release to the broader user
> base -- may have found themselves with an unwelcome add-on installed over the
> weekend called Looking Glass."

http://www.zdnet.com/article/privacy-touting-mozilla-caught-shoving-mr-robot-add-on-into-firefox/

Thanks for the heads up.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> "Firefox users who allow the browser to install and run studies -- functionality
> that seeds random users with new features before release to the broader user
> base -- may have found themselves with an unwelcome add-on installed over the
> weekend called Looking Glass."

http://www.zdnet.com/article/privacy-touting-mozilla-caught-shoving-mr-robot-add-on-into-firefox/

Very useful indeed. Thanks. Took the opportunity to remove Pocket.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message