POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Frivolities Server Time
18 May 2024 08:59:46 EDT (-0400)
  Frivolities (Message 14 to 23 of 23)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Frivolities
Date: 9 Dec 2017 02:49:45
Message: <5a2b9599$1@news.povray.org>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-birmingham-42288252/prankster-defends-cementing-head-in-microwave

> The url made me LOL. But, in our litigious society, he *has* to defend

I disagree. He could have kept his gob shut and not given an interview.
There is no law against being not too bright, only consequences.

> I was annoyed the other day, U of Michigan absolutely denies any
> knowledge (they had) or wrongdoing (they did) in the pervy gymnastics

> admitting guilt to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.

Well you live in the society that you create.
It does seem wrong that you can't say sorry without implying liability.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 09/12/2017 01:18, dick balaska wrote:

>>> Follow up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-birmingham-42288252/prankster-defends-cementing-head-in-microwave

>> The url made me LOL. But, in our litigious society, he *has* to defend

> I disagree. He could have kept his gob shut and not given an interview.
> There is no law against being not too bright, only consequences.

Read the text to the right of the video. You know, those little black
markings in regular rows? They are not glitches on your screen. ;-)

>> I was annoyed the other day, U of Michigan absolutely denies any
>> knowledge (they had) or wrongdoing (they did) in the pervy gymnastics

>> admitting guilt to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.
>>

> Well you live in the society that you create.
> It does seem wrong that you can't say sorry without implying liability.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 09/12/2017 08:02, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Read the text to the right of the video. You know, those little black
> markings in regular rows? They are not glitches on your screen. ;-)

:-P

I wonder when that changed. It wasn't like that in my day.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message