POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Eclipse almost Server Time
13 May 2024 07:56:10 EDT (-0400)
  The Eclipse almost (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Leroy
Subject: The Eclipse almost
Date: 23 Aug 2017 16:05:00
Message: <web.599ddf3af851733f47b41e410@news.povray.org>
There are hundreds of photos out there of the eclipse. But I had a different
Idea, I took photos of the eclipse's shadow. The last partial eclipse I saw I
didn't know that the trees leaves cast a wonderful multiple images of the
eclipse.

So this time I was ready. Here's a thumbnail of one of my pictures:

Have Fun!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tn125.jpg' (31 KB)

Preview of image 'tn125.jpg'
tn125.jpg

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 16:02:02 -0400, Leroy wrote:

> There are hundreds of photos out there of the eclipse. But I had a
> different Idea, I took photos of the eclipse's shadow. The last partial
> eclipse I saw I didn't know that the trees leaves cast a wonderful
> multiple images of the eclipse.
>
> So this time I was ready. Here's a thumbnail of one of my pictures:
>
> Have Fun!

Those pictures are always cool to look at - I got a similar effect by
holding my hands up and overlaying my left fingers over my right, with a
90 degree rotation.

Some folks I know used a colander to get a similar effect.

Jim

> On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 16:02:02 -0400, Leroy wrote:
>
> > There are hundreds of photos out there of the eclipse. But I had a
> > different Idea, I took photos of the eclipse's shadow. The last partial
> > eclipse I saw I didn't know that the trees leaves cast a wonderful
> > multiple images of the eclipse.
> >
> > So this time I was ready. Here's a thumbnail of one of my pictures:
> >
> > Have Fun!
>
> Those pictures are always cool to look at - I got a similar effect by
> holding my hands up and overlaying my left fingers over my right, with a
> 90 degree rotation.
>
> Some folks I know used a colander to get a similar effect.
>
> Jim

I was lucky enough to get to the total eclipse path, first ever for me, and
really not very many good partial eclipses during my almost 60 years. More lunar
eclipses for some reason.

Was so busy using the camera I almost missed the eye view! Didn't get a picture
of the pre-eclipse crescent light/shadows, but did afterward because it was
everywhere while it lasted.

Never tried to get the same photo from moonlight but why wouldn't that be
possible too? Not sure about actually seeing it with own eyes but a long
exposure photo must do that.

Post a reply to this message