POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Knuth site Server Time
1 Jun 2024 11:31:06 EDT (-0400)
  Knuth site (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Knuth site
Date: 25 Jan 2017 08:05:01
Message: <web.5888a1668087d110c437ac910@news.povray.org>
Of interest to me, in addition to his work in computer science, are his other
thoughts and writings - in the blue box.

http://www.cs.utsa.edu/~wagner/knuth/

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Knuth site
Date: 26 Jan 2017 03:35:58
Message: <5889b4ee$1@news.povray.org>
On 25-1-2017 14:00, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Of interest to me, in addition to his work in computer science, are his other
> thoughts and writings - in the blue box.
>
> http://www.cs.utsa.edu/~wagner/knuth/

Yes, especially the Infrequently Asked Questions address fundamental

speech is very much to the point.

Curiously, I am reading at this moment "Irmina", a comics book (I feel
uncomfortable with the term 'comics' in this context) by German author
Barbara Yelin, which precisely addresses the attitude of common German
people during the Third Reich period. If an English version is available
I can warmly recommend it.

The IAQ also has parallels with the ongoing discussions in the
Netherlands about the role and attitude of the majority of common people
during the Second World War concerning the deportation and subsequent
massacre of the Jews. The answers so far are not comfortable at all.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message