POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux nuked my sound Server Time
1 Jun 2024 19:56:46 EDT (-0400)
  Linux nuked my sound (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Linux nuked my sound
Date: 26 Oct 2016 00:05:01
Message: <web.58102b5ddfa53ba9d78544370@news.povray.org>
I just upgraded the Linux kernel desktop on my computer, and now *all* sound on
my computer is gone.  My system is openSUSE 13.2, and the upgrade version is
3.16.7-45-1.x86_64.  I'm not the only one, as it's being discussed in the
openSUSE forums.  Jim, do you know anything about this glitch?

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 00:04:45 -0400, Cousin Ricky wrote:

> I just upgraded the Linux kernel desktop on my computer, and now *all*
> sound on my computer is gone.  My system is openSUSE 13.2, and the
> upgrade version is 3.16.7-45-1.x86_64.  I'm not the only one, as it's
> being discussed in the openSUSE forums.  Jim, do you know anything about
> this glitch?

Afraid I don't - I haven't encountered it yet, but I think I did see your
thread over there.

Jim