POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : SF Playlist Server Time
28 Jul 2024 02:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  SF Playlist (Message 40 to 49 of 49)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: SF Playlist
Date: 28 Jun 2016 06:06:48
Message: <57724c38$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/28/2016 10:21 AM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 28/06/16 10:12, Doctor John wrote:
>>
>> I thought that that had been sorted. Warp posted on 22/05/2016 from the
>> inet.fi domain with the subject line "I'm still alive".

Probably a crisis of conscience.
Whether to use Windows and have access or use Linux and not.
I wonder what he will do?

> Now I think about it, I can't quite work out whether that was a threat
> or just informational.
>
> Now I'm in trouble too, aren't I?

Could very well be. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 29 Jun 2016 02:34:58
Message: <57736c12$1@news.povray.org>
Welcome back.
Long time no see.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 29 Jun 2016 16:07:01
Message: <57742a65@news.povray.org>
Am 28.06.2016 um 12:06 schrieb Stephen:
> On 6/28/2016 10:21 AM, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 28/06/16 10:12, Doctor John wrote:
>>>
>>> I thought that that had been sorted. Warp posted on 22/05/2016 from the
>>> inet.fi domain with the subject line "I'm still alive".
>>>

> Probably a crisis of conscience.
> Whether to use Windows and have access or use Linux and not.
> I wonder what he will do?
>

>> Now I think about it, I can't quite work out whether that was a threat
>> or just informational.
>>
>> Now I'm in trouble too, aren't I?
>>

> Could very well be. :)

Related:

https://youtu.be/baHsoEAAMZU

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 29 Jun 2016 16:11:36
Message: <57742b78$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/29/2016 9:06 PM, clipka wrote:
> Related:
>
> https://youtu.be/baHsoEAAMZU

Quite. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: André Linnenbank
Date: 29 Jun 2016 18:02:08
Message: <5774455F.50504@gmail.com>
He somebody noticed ;)

Been busy with quite a lot of thing, including trying to find a new job.
But university politics took the most time (I am part of the Maagdenhuis
movement), mainly because that required me to read many things,
including legislation and anything that came up by either my own friends
or managers and their representatives in parliament. Things are more
quiet now and soon I am leaving the higher education policy to become a
full time teacher in highschool.

I thought it would be a good time to see hoe the p.o-t was doing.

	André

(I also changed back my name from my nickname in cyberspace to my
real-life name. Someone thought it was confusing and not professional
enough to have two names.)

On 29-06-16 08:34, Stephen wrote:
> Welcome back.
> Long time no see.
>

> On 6/27/2016 1:22 AM, André Linnenbank wrote:
>> Red Barchetta -- Rush
>>
>> Any space opera by Ayreon, my favorite is 'into the electric castle' but
>> '01011001' or e.g. 'the universal migrator' might do as well
>>
>> Quite a lot from Eloy (no that is not a typo) e.g. from the album
>> 'Planets' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bus65ovjOOg
>>
>> not sure if
>> The Ancient (Giants under the Sun) -- Yes
>> counts. Possibly my most favorite Yes song
>>
>> and if you allow fantasy as well: try the album Wintersmith by Steeleye
>> Span
>>
>> André

>>> Well, if you want silly...
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHdQ_Udn4yk
>>>

>>> I like some of the suggestions.  Never heard most of them.
>>>
>>> Holst's The Planets is nice, but it's really long.
>>>
>>> I had thought of Purple People Eater, but it is a bit silly, though it
>>> wouldn't
>>> particularly be out of place next to The Blob and, honestly, it's
>>> better than
>>> The Blob.
>>>
>>> I'd heard of ELO, but I'd never listened to them.  The album
>>> mentioned is
>>> interesting, but finding one or two tracks in particular could take
>>> some time,
>>> since the ones I listened to tended to blend into each other.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

On 6/29/2016 11:02 PM, André Linnenbank wrote:
> He somebody noticed ;)

And I commented. :)

> Been busy with quite a lot of thing, including trying to find a new job.
> But university politics took the most time (I am part of the Maagdenhuis
> movement), mainly because that required me to read many things,
> including legislation and anything that came up by either my own friends
> or managers and their representatives in parliament. Things are more
> quiet now and soon I am leaving the higher education policy to become a
> full time teacher in highschool.

I had not heard of the Maagdenhuis movement. More power to you elbows. ;)

A full time teacher in highschool? Good luck with that. ;) Although I
understand that the Dutch educational system is not as feral as the
British one.
I hope you enjoy it.

> I thought it would be a good time to see hoe the p.o-t was doing.

Slowly, slowly. :)
Pity you were away at the end of last year. I could have done with some
semi-professional advice.

>      André
>
> (I also changed back my name from my nickname in cyberspace to my
> real-life name. Someone thought it was confusing and not professional
> enough to have two names.)

They hadn't heard of a Nome de plume?

I only use my real name because I can't be bothered to think of a
handle, which I will have to remember. Besides it keeps me honest. :)
-ish ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

 > On 6/29/2016 11:02 PM, André Linnenbank wrote:
 >> He somebody noticed ;)
 >>

 > And I commented. :)
 >
 >> Been busy with quite a lot of thing, including trying to find a new job.
 >> But university politics took the most time (I am part of the Maagdenhuis
 >> movement), mainly because that required me to read many things,
 >> including legislation and anything that came up by either my own friends
 >> or managers and their representatives in parliament. Things are more
 >> quiet now and soon I am leaving the higher education policy to become a
 >> full time teacher in highschool.
 >>

 > I had not heard of the Maagdenhuis movement. More power to you elbows. ;)

We (or actually the students) occupied the Maagdenhuis (literally the
Virgin house, it started as a place for girl orphans) for 6 weeks. I was
more involved in the aftermath, trying to get some improvements into the
system.

 > A full time teacher in highschool? Good luck with that. ;) Although I
 > understand that the Dutch educational system is not as feral as the
 > British one.
 > I hope you enjoy it.

I am teaching a few hours already at a very small and somewhat
experimental school Vinseschool (no english website yet) That will
expand to 2 full days there and also 3 days at a more traditional school.

 >> I thought it would be a good time to see hoe the p.o-t was doing.
 >>

 > Slowly, slowly. :)
 > Pity you were away at the end of last year. I could have done with some
 > semi-professional advice.

weĺl, even when I am not here, I still have an e-mail you can use.

 >>      André
 >>
 >> (I also changed back my name from my nickname in cyberspace to my
 >> real-life name. Someone thought it was confusing and not professional
 >> enough to have two names.)
 >>

 > They hadn't heard of a Nome de plume?

yes, but people are confused that I introduce myself by another,
slightly different, name than that I use to sign my mails. Young people
accept that more easy than older and for some of the things I was doing
I needed to blend in slightly more with the people that find themselves
important.

 > I only use my real name because I can't be bothered to think of a
 > handle, which I will have to remember. Besides it keeps me honest. :)
 > -ish ;)

Our university publication (folia.nl) allows anonymous comments, I find
that annoying and unprofessional, so yes, that is indeed another reason.

Post a reply to this message