POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PovRay patches Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:57:25 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay patches (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: hkarsten
Subject: PovRay patches
Date: 14 Jun 2016 21:55:08
Message: <web.5760b54b3286b29cc05952420@news.povray.org>
Hi people,
does anybody know, if there is a list of all patches of PovRay somewhere?

Post a reply to this message

From: William F Pokorny
Subject: Re: PovRay patches
Date: 15 Jun 2016 08:06:39
Message: <576144cf$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/14/2016 09:54 PM, hkarsten wrote:
> Hi people,
> does anybody know, if there is a list of all patches of PovRay somewhere?

I'm not aware of a single list. Suppose you know about most of these,
but a few places to look for patches :

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/branches - developer master & features.

https://github.com/UberPOV/UberPOV/branches - c-lipka's side version of
povray.

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray - On this page there is a Fork option
to the right of which is a number.  Click on the number then on the page
that comes up click members.  This brings up a list of forked
user/versions.  Knowing what is what here though is a trick, but for
example Clodo's recent ODS patch is there (Clodo76/povray).

http://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Le_Forgeron

http://megapov.inetart.net/

povray.unofficial.patches

Perhaps such a list would be a useful addition to the wiki? Might even
naturally fit in the howtos section?

Aside: Christoph made a patch management proposal here :

http://news.povray.org/povray.programming/thread/%3C51e986a9%40news.povray.org%3E/

but I think code for it exists only in uberpov, but perhaps someone can
clarify.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 15 Jun 2016 09:11:15
Message: <576153f3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.06.2016 um 14:06 schrieb William F Pokorny:

> Aside: Christoph made a patch management proposal here :
>
> http://news.povray.org/povray.programming/thread/%3C51e986a9%40news.povray.org%3E/
>
> but I think code for it exists only in uberpov, but perhaps someone can
> clarify.

To all of my knowledge you are correct there.

I suspect patch authors shy away from the effort of stealing just this
particular part from UberPOV; things might be different if the mechanism
had become part of official POV-Ray already.