POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mitsuba-Render - anybody VS 2010 or VS 2012 Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Mitsuba-Render - anybody VS 2010 or VS 2012 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Theogott
Subject: Mitsuba-Render - anybody VS 2010 or VS 2012
Date: 6 Jan 2016 04:25:11
Message: <web.568cdd5ceb819ea9adb2e4f80@news.povray.org>
Mitsuba is a research-oriented rendering system in the style of PBRT, from which
it derives much inspiration. It is written in portable C++, implements unbiased
as well as biased techniques, and contains heavy optimizations targeted towards
current CPU architectures. Mitsuba is extremely modular: it consists of a small
set of core libraries and over 100 different plugins that implement
functionality ranging from materials and light sources to complete rendering
algorithms.
In comparison to other open source renderers, Mitsuba places a strong emphasis
on experimental rendering techniques, such as path-based formulations of
Metropolis Light Transport and volumetric modeling approaches. Thus, it may be
of genuine interest to those who would like to experiment with such techniques
that haven't yet found their way into mainstream renderers, and it also provides
a solid foundation for research in this domain.

http://www.mitsuba-renderer.org/

The complete Souce code is there available.
To use it for Full spectral Rendering, it must be compiled with a Setting
SPECTRAL=(number of Light Fractions).

Bad Luck i do not have VS 2010 .. if anybody can compile a Spectral version,
drop me a note here.

Post a reply to this message

You can download the Community edition for free from MS - that allows
you to do pretty much everything the Pro version does apart from the
Team Foundation stuff:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/compare-visual-studio-2015-products-vs.aspx

Good luck...

Post a reply to this message