POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Onion-pattern Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:52:49 EDT (-0400)
  Onion-pattern (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: H  Karsten
Subject: Onion-pattern
Date: 19 Jan 2015 15:15:01
Message: <web.54bd6519979d440bc05952420@news.povray.org>
Played with onion-pattern, couldn't resist...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'onion.png' (712 KB)

Preview of image 'onion.png'
onion.png

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Onion-pattern
Date: 20 Jan 2015 16:38:34
Message: <54becada@news.povray.org>
On 19/01/2015 20:12, H. Karsten wrote:
> Played with onion-pattern, couldn't resist...

I don't know what to say other than I like it. Very much.
A description of how it was made would be appreciated. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> > Played with onion-pattern, couldn't resist...
> >

> I don't know what to say other than I like it. Very much.
> A description of how it was made would be appreciated. :-)
>

> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

We used a rope. The lower left corner of the door was <0,0,0> and the radius was
1.5m. We used a pencil first and filled the areas with the color later on.

rgds, Holger :)

Post a reply to this message

> > > Played with onion-pattern, couldn't resist...
> > >

> > I don't know what to say other than I like it. Very much.
> > A description of how it was made would be appreciated. :-)
> >

> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >      Stephen
>
> We used a rope. The lower left corner of the door was <0,0,0> and the radius was
> 1.5m. We used a pencil first and filled the areas with the color later on.
>
> rgds, Holger :)

Ah! The old fashioned way.
It worked well with the dogs. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> We used a rope. The lower left corner of the door was<0,0,0>  and the radius was
> 1.5m. We used a pencil first and filled the areas with the color later on.

How does the render time compare to POV-Ray?

Post a reply to this message

>> We used a rope. The lower left corner of the door was<0,0,0>  and the
>> radius was
>> 1.5m. We used a pencil first and filled the areas with the color later
>> on.
>
> How does the render time compare to POV-Ray?

With this many photons and radiosity, his technique is much, much better.

>> How does the render time compare to POV-Ray?
>
> With this many photons and radiosity, his technique is much, much better.

And after you've rendered it once you can view it from any angle instantly!

Post a reply to this message

>>> How does the render time compare to POV-Ray?
>>
>> With this many photons and radiosity, his technique is much, much better.
>
> And after you've rendered it once you can view it from any angle instantly!

And it has the best particle system ever...