POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : "Why the moon landings could never have been faked" - excellent video Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  "Why the moon landings could never have been faked" - excellent video (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Nekar Xenos
Subject: Re: "Why the moon landings could never have been faked" - excellent video
Date: 6 Nov 2014 11:58:13
Message: <op.xowxe7ocufxv4h@xena.home>
On Thu, 06 Nov 2014 17:40:11 +0200, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>> In July 1969 I was on fieldwork in Southern France. I remember like the
>> day of yesterday how our team was stretched out in a dry river bed at
>> night (with some booze) looking up at the Moon and marvelling about the
>> fact that men were walking there overhead. It was a truly magical
>> moment.
>
> Btw, this is closely related to one of the reasons why I consider
> conspiracy theorists to be such huge assholes.
>
> The Apollo missions are a true marvel, one of the greatest achievements
> of humankind in recent history. We can all admire in awe both our
> technological progress and the courage of the men who put their lives
> at risk to go beyond anything we had done before.
>
> Then these conspiratards come and destroy people's childhood awe and
> admiration by deceiving them, lying to them and using all the tricks
> in the book to make them believe in falsities. They are crushing people's
> childhoods and dreams with lies and deception. The people who once
> admired
> those achievements end up feeling disillusioned and defrauded. They are
> being lied to, but not by NASA. By those conspiratards.
>
> The sad thing is how effective the techniques are that conspiracy
> theorists
> use to convince people. It's like a religion. Once you become converted,
> it's really, really hard to deconvert you, to make you see that you are
> believing a lie, and that your original views are, in fact, the actual
> truth.

They should be sentenced to flying the next Virgin Galactic flight.

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Nov 2014 03:09:28
Message: <545c7e38$1@news.povray.org>
On 6-11-2014 17:58, Nekar Xenos wrote:

> They should be sentenced to flying the next Virgin Galactic flight.

Too good for them. Tethered to the feathering device at the least :-)

Sadly enough, vanguard projects like Virgin or Apollo /need/(?) a
catastrophe from time to time to pinpoint weak spots in the design and -
ultimately - make the end result better and safer. I have deep respect
for the test pilots indeed.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 7 Nov 2014 04:12:18
Message: <545c8cf2$1@news.povray.org>
> One of the many jobs I've had was a
> techy one on a UK newspaper. Thick as mince most of these journos

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't teach,
report. :-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 7 Nov 2014 04:45:14
Message: <545c94aa@news.povray.org>
On 07/11/2014 09:12, scott wrote:
>> One of the many jobs I've had was a
>> techy one on a UK newspaper. Thick as mince most of these journos
>
> Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't teach,
> report. :-)

And those that can't report, sit and gawp. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Francois Labreque
Date: 7 Nov 2014 08:29:53
Message: <545cc951$1@news.povray.org>

> On 6-11-2014 17:58, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>
>> They should be sentenced to flying the next Virgin Galactic flight.
>>
> Too good for them. Tethered to the feathering device at the least :-)
>
> Sadly enough, vanguard projects like Virgin or Apollo /need/(?) a
> catastrophe from time to time to pinpoint weak spots in the design and -
> ultimately - make the end result better and safer. I have deep respect
> for the test pilots indeed.
>
> Thomas

Agreed. While all loss of life is tragic, it's better that these
problems were found in testing rather than during a commercial flight.

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 9 Nov 2014 05:50:18
Message: <op.xo10d3vrufxv4h@xena.home>
On Fri, 07 Nov 2014 15:29:48 +0200, Francois Labreque

<fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:

>> On 6-11-2014 17:58, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>>
>>> They should be sentenced to flying the next Virgin Galactic flight.
>>>
>> Too good for them. Tethered to the feathering device at the least :-)

>> Sadly enough, vanguard projects like Virgin or Apollo /need/(?) a
>> catastrophe from time to time to pinpoint weak spots in the design an
d -
>> ultimately - make the end result better and safer. I have deep respec
>> for the test pilots indeed.
>>
>> Thomas
>>
> Agreed. While all loss of life is tragic, it's better that these

> problems were found in testing rather than during a commercial flight.

Agreed. I fully support them. I would love to be able to go on a Virgin

Galactic flight one day.

I think it would be really interesting to have test pilots consisting

solely of moon landing conspiracy theorists :)

--

-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Nov 2014 07:18:49
Message: <545f5ba9$1@news.povray.org>
On 9-11-2014 11:50, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Nov 2014 15:29:48 +0200, Francois Labreque
> <fla### [at] videotronca> wrote:

>>> Too good for them. Tethered to the feathering device at the least :-)
>>>
>>> Sadly enough, vanguard projects like Virgin or Apollo /need/(?) a
>>> catastrophe from time to time to pinpoint weak spots in the design and -
>>> ultimately - make the end result better and safer. I have deep respect
>>> for the test pilots indeed.
>>>
>>> Thomas
>>>
>> Agreed. While all loss of life is tragic, it's better that these
>> problems were found in testing rather than during a commercial flight.
>>

> Agreed. I fully support them. I would love to be able to go on a Virgin
> Galactic flight one day.
>
> I think it would be really interesting to have test pilots consisting
> solely of moon landing conspiracy theorists :)

They would crash to prove their point ;-)

Thomas